Our Recipe contest winner is Katherine Taylor!
Her Mac and Cheese recipe was featured in our February 2020 Newsletter. The recipe is below!
Prep Time: Approximately 20 minutes
Bangin’ Mac and Cheese
16 oz Medium Pasta Shells
5 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
½ cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
1 cup of Whole Milk
½ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
8 oz of shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
8 oz of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
8 oz of shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan. (PAM Brand spray works best.)
- Season water to boil with salt and begin boiling the pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, use a small skillet to fry bacon, let it cool, and cut into small pieces.
- In a large skillet, use two tablespoons of butter to brown breadcrumbs. Set aside once browned.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining butter then pour in the milk and add Cayenne pepper.
- Add all cheeses and melt. This mixture will be somewhat runny.
- Once cheeses are melted, fold in the bacon and pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat source.
- Pour the pasta, bacon, and cheese mixture into a 9 x 13-inch pan and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake covered in foil for twenty minutes.